Monday, August 1, 2011

Here I go…

It is July 27, 2011, 3:24pm and who knows how much time I have left before the biggest joy of my life wakes up whining while being cranky and clingy.  But, oh how I love that child.  No words can explain the love I feel for this tiny person who has taken over my life in every aspect.  Needless to say, this entry might take days to be completed and I will track this just so you can see for yourself.  

Hi! I’m The Scholarly Mommy. I am currently a stay at home mom in need of using her intellect not compromising my position of staying at home.  My son is 20 months old today! 20 months ago my life changed and I had NO idea whatsoever what was about to happen to me.   Yet, today I feel at ease and quite happy with my current situation now that I am starting this blog.

It is 3:30pm, there he goes… As soon as he wakes up its immediate crying and whining! Oh well, this is what I live for these days. I’ve gotta go hug him until he fully wakes up and is in a better mood.  To be continued…(You’ll read this a lot).



It is July 31, 2011 and I have some time before my son wakes but have other things I have to do.  So I will get to the point.  See, I am a stay at home mom (already said that!) but before I was a SAHM I was very much involved in the world of Education.  I was a teacher at a public school and before that I obtained a Master’s degree from THE Pennsylvania State University (LET’S GO STATE!) and before THAT I obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education from the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus.  I enjoyed the world of research and the academic life.  

Being a SAHM I have a lot of thinking time (not so much free time) on my hands and would like to feel a part of the academic world a little, even if it is for short periods of time each week, or every other week.  So humor me, will ya? Read my blog about current education topics related to but not limited to:
  •      Multicultural/Multilingual Education
  •     Global Engagement
  •     The REAL life of a teacher 
  •      US & International Education
  •     Being a stay at home mom and a scholar and academic at heart.
Like I said, these topics will not limit what I might write about.  Here is the thing, I am an outspoken and opinionated person but I like to state facts and not just say things to make people mad.  I will always be respectful but will not be careful of trying to say the “right” thing.  Rather, I will say what I feel and that is that.  Another thing you might like to know is that I will include tidbits and home situations of being a SAHM while I write my entries, I mean, that’s what I am and really wouldn’t have it any other way.  

Last but certainly not least, I am a Christ follower, a Christian.  While you may think that will make me biased I assure you that will not be the case, but it may influence the things I say about certain topics (more to come on that later).  

Finally, I want to thank God for the world He created and the life I live in it.  I’d also like to thank my husband, family and advisor who are always so supportive of all I do.   And, thank YOU (yes, you whoever you are) for reading my blog.  I hope you’ll stick around for many interesting and controversial topics.  Feel free to comment but please be respectful as I will always be respectful of you.    

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lucy! Good luck with your Blog. Espero q este ejercicio te llene de mucha satisfacción. Xoxo Lizmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome prima! :) I may be stealing some ideas!
    Karyna

    ReplyDelete